Man attacked with hammer outside London Mosque hours after Christchurch Mosque massacre

Disturbing footage of thugs armed “with a hammer” and a “batten” fleeing after attacking a worshipper near a Mosque in East London just hours after the New Zealand Mosque massacre has been posted online.

Eyewitnesses said a group of three men shouted Islamophobic abuse as they drove past the place of worship on Cannon Street Road, reported The Independent.

They also called worshippers attending Friday prayers “terrorists”.

It is believed a few of the worshippers followed the blue car, only for the thugs to jump out of the vehicle and attack one of them with a hammer.

In the short clip posted on the ‘Documenting Oppression Against Muslims – DOAM’ Facebook page, two men are seen holding weapons while attempting to jump back inside the moving vehicle on Cannon Street Road in Whitechapel.

One of the thugs manages to jump inside the moving vehicle while the second thug jumps onto the bonnet to flee as worshippers and disgusted locals chase them down.

A spokesperson for the Met Police confirmed that an Asian man, 27, sustained head injuries after being attacked with a hammer or another “blunt object.”

The Met Police, who were called to the scene at 1.18pm today, said: “It was reported that three males got out of a blue Ford Fiesta and attacked another man with a weapon – believed to be a hammer or other blunt object.

“The suspects returned to their car and left the scene before police arrived.

“Enquiries are ongoing to trace this vehicle. The suspects are all described as white men, believed to be aged in their 20s.”

The Met Police spokesperson went on to say that the victim became abusive to staff at the hospital and left without being treated.

“At hospital, it was established that the victim had sustained a head injury, which was not believed to be serious,” the spokesperson added.

“However, he was abusive towards hospital staff, and left the hospital without being treated. Investigations are ongoing and officers have not identified any motive for the attack.”

No arrests have yet been made.

The incident came just hours after Australian-born Brenton Tarrant, 28, executed innocent Muslim worshippers in Christchurch during Friday prayers while live-streaming the slaughter on Facebook in a 17-minute video.

Police have increased patrols at Mosques in the UK and offered safest advice over fears of a copycat attack in the UK.

Hours after terrorist attack on two mosques in #NewZealand, a man was attacked "with a hammer" outside an east #London mosque. A group of three men shouted Islamaphobic abuse as they drove past the place of worship on Cannon Street Road, eyewitnesses said. #Christchurch #ChristchurchMosqueAttack #Islamophobia

Posted by Documenting Oppression Against Muslims – DOAM on Friday, 15 March 2019