This is the first picture of the man arrested on suspicion of terror offences after stabbing a man while shouting ‘all Muslims must die’.
50-year-old Vince Fuller was arrested on Saturday evening after a 19-year-old man was stabbed in Stanwell, Surrey.
His girlfriend Denise Knox said she would stand by him following his arrest.
She wrote on Facebook: “I am Vincent’s girlfriend and this is all out of control, I love him and will stand by him.”
Witnesses said the man shouted ‘all Muslims must die’ and ‘white supremacists rule’ before knifing the 19-year-old in a Tesco car park on Saturday night, police also confirmed the incident was ‘inspired by the far-right’.
The victim underwent an operation in hospital last night and was allowed home earlier today.
Police were called at around 10:15pm on Saturday after reports of a man ‘acting aggressively and shouting racist comments’ whilst carrying a baseball bat and a knife and damaging several nearby cars.
A second call was received by the police at 11.08pm with reports that a man had been stabbed in the Tesco car park in Town Lane, Stanwell.
The victim, the 19-year-old man, sustained serious injuries to his hands.
Armed officers arrived at the scene and arrested the suspect.
The suspect allegedly asked the teenager ‘Do you wanna die? Well you’re gonna die!’ ahead of the horrifying attack, according to witnesses.
The suspect was originally arrested by Surrey Police on Saturday night.
He was further arrested at 7pm on Sunday by Counter Terrorism Policing South East detectives, under Section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000. He remains in police custody.
A warrant for further detention was granted on Saturday by Westminster Magistrates Court allowing police to detain him up until March 23.
The stabbing comes just two days after a far-right terrorist attack on two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, on Friday, by Australian-born terrorist Brenton Tarrant.
Prime Minister Theresa May condemned the Surrey attack on Sunday evening and thanked the emergency services for their ‘handling of the terrorist incident’.
She tweeted: ‘My thanks to the emergency services for their handling of the terrorist incident in Stanwell.
‘My thoughts are with the injured man, and his family and friends. Vile, hateful far-right extremism has no place in our society.’
A police guard was established outside a house on the street which officers were searching and a heavy presence remained as of Sunday.
Assistant commissioner, Neil Basu, head of Counter Terrorism Policing, said on Sunday: ‘Whilst this investigation is still in its infancy, it has hallmarks of a terror event, inspired by the far-right, and therefore it has been declared a terrorism incident.’
‘This allows us to use all of the specialist capabilities available to establish the full circumstances of this attack.’
He added: ‘The investigation is being led by an investigation team based in the Counter Terrorism Policing, South East region, who are working closely with our colleagues in Surrey Police in order to build a better picture of what has occurred.’